|Installing the Update using My SIRIUS Studio™
Updating Stiletto 2 requires the PC cable and My SIRIUS Studio software that came provided with your Stiletto, or a home dock connected to your PC via a USB cable. If you do not have this software installed on your computer, click here to download it
For ease of reference, we suggest you print out this entire document before beginning. Click on the "Print Page" icon on the top right of the screen.
READ INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY BEFORE BEGINNING
There are two stages to this update, the 'Application Software' update and the 'Baseband Firmware' update. This update will take approximately 50 minutes to complete, but only requires periodic monitoring, leaving you free to do other things during the process.
Stage 1: Application Software Update
- Windows XP or Vista PC, open My SIRIUS Studio by double-clicking on the desktop icon (Fig. 1) or selecting ALL PROGRAMS and My SIRIUS Studio from your computer's START menu.
- Make sure you have the latest version of My SIRIUS Studio. At the top of the program window you will see a version number. It should read v184.108.40.206972 (Fig. 2). If you have a different version number, download and install the most recent version of My SIRIUS Studio HERE.
- Connect your Stiletto to your PC by using the PC cable (Fig. 3A) that was included with your radio. If you are using a Home Dock connected to your PC via a USB cable, dock your Stiletto and press the SYNC button on the front of the dock (Fig. 3B). This will connect your Stiletto to your PC.
Note: If you have misplaced your PC Cable you may purchase a replacement HERE.
- My SIRIUS Studio will display a 'Connecting Device' message (Fig. 4) and then a picture of your Stiletto will appear in the right hand side of the program window. (Fig. 5)
- My SIRIUS Studio may automatically check for any available software updates and let you know if there is one available with a pop-up window (Fig. 6). If you receive this message, click on 'OK' to continue.
- If you don't receive this pop-up, click on the GEAR icon next to the picture of the Stiletto (Fig. 7) to manually check for any available updates..
- Click on 'Check for Software Update' in the new window that appears. If there is a software update available, you will be asked whether or not you want to download it. Click 'OK' to continue (Fig. 8).
- My SIRIUS Studio will automatically copy the application software updates directly to your Stiletto (Fig. 9) DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR STILETTO DURING THIS DOWNLOAD!
- When the update has been downloaded, you will receive a message letting you know that the software has been copied to your Stiletto. Press 'OK' to continue (Fig. 10).
- Stiletto will automatically begin installing the updates. Status will be displayed on Stiletto's screen. Follow these instructions until you receive an 'Update Complete' message. Use the Media Dial to select 'OK.' (Fig. 11)
- Disconnect Stiletto from your PC. Power off your Stiletto 2 by pressing down the power switch on the right hand side of the radio.
- After Stiletto is completely turned off, turn it back on. Verify that the update was successful by using the Media Dial to select Settings and then Device. Select Device Info in the next menu.
- Onscreen, the ZAP version should display 220.127.116.11029r (Fig. 12). If it does, the first stage of your Stiletto update is complete. Proceed to Stage 2. If your ZAP reads any version other than that, you will need to download a second update. Return to Step 3 of these instructions and repeat the process until your ZAP matches Fig. 12.
Stage 2: Baseband Firmware Download
- With My SIRIUS Studio™ still open on your PC, reconnect your Stiletto to your computer.
- Click on the GEAR icon next to the picture of the Stiletto (Fig. 13) to manually check for any available updates.
- Click on 'Check for Software Update' in the new window that appears. If there is a software update available, you will be asked whether or not you want to download it. Click 'OK' to continue (Fig. 14).
- My SIRIUS Studio will automatically copy all available updates directly to your Stiletto (Fig. 15) DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR STILETTO DURING THIS DOWNLOAD!
- When the update has been downloaded, you will receive a message letting you know that the software has been copied to your Stiletto. Press 'OK' to continue (Fig. 16).
- Stiletto will automatically install the Baseband Firmware update. Status will be displayed on your Stiletto's screen. Follow the onscreen instructions until you receive a 'Download Complete' message. Use the Media Dial to select 'OK.' (Fig. 17)
- Disconnect Stiletto from your PC and tune to any Satellite channel. Stiletto should display the message “Updating SIRIUS”. If you see this message skip to step 9.
- If Stiletto Does Not display “Updating SIRIUS”, it may be necessary to reconnect Stiletto to your PC and check for additional updates using My SIRIUS Studio™ (Stage 2, steps 1 & 2). If updates are available, proceed through steps 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7. If a message displays “there are no updates are available for your device” jump to step 7.
- When the update has completed, verify that it was successful by using the Media Dial to select Settings and then Device. Select Device Info in the next menu.
- On screen, look at the Baseband version. If it matches that displayed in Fig. 18 below, the download has been successful and your Stiletto is updated.
Stage 3: Updating Subscription and Channel Information
- As a final step, Stiletto will update its subscription and channel information. This will occur the next time your Stiletto is tuned to Satellite channels and receiving the SIRIUS signal. Until that occurs, your Stiletto may display only partial channel listings or even appear de-activated.
Congratulations! Your Stiletto update is now complete!
Product Support is now available from 6:00 AM to 1:00 AM ET 7 days a week at 1-800-869-5364 or by email at email@example.com.